The results of the October 2022 Leadership Scholarship nominations are here!
The Leadership Scholarship Award recognizes OWA members who have served the OWA with their dedicated committee work and strong commitment to growing leadership roles for women in the optical industry. These grants are used for professional and personal development of the recipients who were nominated by other OWA members.
Many thanks go to our OWA Individual Contributors, whose donations help make these scholarships possible.
Congratulations to our 2022 winners:
- Carissa Dunphy, Communications & Website Committee (PECAA)
- Kerri Ann Raimo, Digital Marketing Committee (PentaVision)
- Jennifer Trakhtenberg, Connection and Enrichment Committee (ClearVision Optical)
The OWA’s Platinum Sponsors are also eligible to select an exceptional female employee who shows promise, dedication, and drive to also receive a Leadership Scholarship.
This year’s scholarship winners through this benefit are:
- Shelley Brady, Regional Manager (Safilo)
- Cara Endriss, Brand Marketing Director (National Vision)
- Shweta Gupta, Senior Marketing Director (EssilorLuxottica)
- Sarah Lovallo, Sales Manager (Essilor Instruments)
- Cheryl Moore, Director of Human Resources (GPN Technologies)
- JaMarie Pfaff, Account Manager (Zyloware)
- Janie Schwartz, Trade Marketing Coordinator (Thelios)
- Tatiana Stewart, Senior Public Relations Specialist (VSP Vision)
Valued at up to $2,000 each, these grants will be used to provide professional mentoring opportunities to each recipient. This continues to promote and support the OWA’s founding principles of connecting, inspiring, and leading women in the optical industry.
A big congratulations from the OWA to these extraordinary optical women as they continue on their leadership journeys!!